ARE YOU UP TO DATE WITH YOUR VACCINATIONS?
AUGUST IS NATIONAL IMMUNIZATION AWARENESS MONTH.
VACCINES PLAY AN IMPORTANT ROLE IN PREVENTING SERIOUS,
SOMETIMES DEADLY, DISEASES.
CALL US TODAY TO DISCUSS ANY VACCINES YOU MAY NEED.
HAVE YOU SIGNED UP FOR OUR PATIENT PORTAL?
By signing up for our portal you can:
-Update your address, telephone number and insurance information
-Receive lab orders, x-ray orders as well as lab and x-ray results
-Communicate messages/questions securely to your provider
-Request prescription refills
-Edit your pharmacy information
-Have access to a summary of your chart
-Avoid a trip to the office and receive documents such as a note for work or school
CALL US FOR AN ACTIVATION CODE TODAY!
YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SEE YOUR OWN HEALTH DATA,
GAIN OWNERSHIP OF YOUR WELLNESS, AND BE BETTER PREPARED TO
INTERACT WITH YOUR PROVIDER ABOUT YOUR CARE!
Welcome to our practice, Donald W. Robinson, MD.
Our Practice is proudly awarded by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)
as a Level Three Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
What is a Patient-Centered Medical Home?
It means taking care of you is a team effort. Our health professionals work together
to provide you with a new, comprehensive approach to health care.
Our goal is to offer personalized attention with a focus on quality,
satisfaction, and ways to lower costs.
- Listen to my patients’ questions and concerns to give appropriate response.
- Make the management and treatment plans for your condition easy to understand.
- Make sure all patients have a good understanding of all medications prescribed and their treatment plan and goals.
- To refer my patients as needed to a specialist in all fields and local hospitals.
- Make sure my patients receive medical care when the office is open, by providing Same Day Appointments and information to obtain clinical advice when the office is closed.
- Give disease specific written educational materials to assist in self-management.
Members of our Care Team include:
- Ask questions about your illness and take an active role in your care.
- Give a detailed and honest history of your entire family.
- Give an update of any changes in your health each visit.
- Take all medications prescribed as directed by your provider, and provide information about OTC and Herbal Medications that you are taking (all prescribed medications are sent electronically to your pharmacy).
- Keep all scheduled appointments with your provider and other specialist(s).
- Discuss and be involved in your treatment plan with your provider, follow orders as given.
- Call your provider first with medical problems, unless it is a medical emergency.
- Avoid using the Emergency Room in non-emergency situations.
- Bring all discharge papers from Emergency Room and Urgent Care visits.
- Inform your provider of all self-referred visits, or special test(s). Bring documents when available.
- Provide personal email address for easy access and easy contact.
The practice also involves pharmacists, behavioral health management, case management, community resources, social workers, and insurance companies as part of the care team.
- Physician: Practice Team Leader/ Identifies patient needs through assessment of acute and chronic conditions; prescribing medications, med reconciliations, patient education, and development of patient goals.
- Med-Level Practitioner (N.P.): Team Leader/Identifies patient needs through assessment of acute and chronic conditions, med reconciliations, patient education, and development of patient goals.
- Practice Manager: Team Leader/ Works closely with the Practice team to build capacity for QI activities and helps the practice reach transformative goals.
- Care Coordinator: Team member/Performs pre-visit preparations, makes referrals for care, case management, provides patient education, follow up and tracking through phone calls and office visits to identify patient adherence to goals, barriers, and providing additional support to patients and families.
- LPN, Clinical Medical Assistant: Multi-skilled team member dedicated to assisting in all aspects in patient care management and clinical procedures under the supervision of the physician
- Administrative Medical Assistant/Reception: Multi-skilled team member dedicated to assisting in patient care management and administrative procedures.
- Medical Billing: Team member/Educates patients on billing procedures and assists to support patients in need of financial support.
|Donald W. Robinson, MD
3969 Legion Drive
Phone: (716) 649-6687
Fax: (716) 649-1502
Back to Top
Back to Top
|We provide routine health care for teens and young adults. We want to work with teens/young adults and their family to meet all of their health care needs: physical, mental and emotional. |
Services we provide:
Young adults need specialized medical care and a doctor with whom they can discuss anything, from acute and chronic illness, health maintenance and preventive care, sexual concerns and emotional problems. Their parents also need special guidance and support through these years. Our Practice goal is to provide comprehensive health care to teens and their families.
- School, Sport and College Physicals
- Patient and Parent Education on Adolescent Related Issues
- Routine Care for Acne, Allergy and Sports-Related Issues
- Adolescent Gynecology Services
As teens begin to develop into adults and take more responsibility for their lives, we ask for more input from them about their health. As part of comprehensive health care, it is our practice to ask parents to wait outside for part of the interview and encourage the adolescent to discuss his or her own view of their problem. Talking to teens without the parent also gives teens a chance to ask questions or give information they may feel self-conscious about. Teens often have questions or concerns that they may feel embarrassed to talk about in front of their parents. It is important to give them enough freedom to grow but not so much that they get involved in the wrong activities.
Many teenagers and young adults experiment with high-risk behaviors that can lead to serious problems: cigarettes, alcohol, marijuana, sex. Most teenagers will hide their behavior so parents are not the first to find out. Our goal is to help identify these problems before they become too big and to help prevent them. To do this we must give them a reason to trust us.
New York State law requires that some services are offered to teens privately. We ask parents to leave for part of the interview for confidentiality and to build trust. We also encourage the teen to discuss important issues with parents.
It is important to know if they are doing anything to hurt themselves or others, or if someone is hurting them, we will be forced to break confidentiality. The staff is always available to discuss health problems or answer questions. The staff wants to work with all our teens and young adults to make the best choices for a healthy future.
Back to Top
To schedule an appointment please call 716-649-6687 during regular business hours. Our friendly staff will ask you several questions to determine the appropriate appointment you may need. We do offer same day appointments and will accept walk-ins for some simple problems. We do not close for lunch. We always answer our phone.
If it is necessary to cancel an appointment, please notify our office as soon as possible. This courtesy will provide us the opportunity to care for another patient in your place. If you fail to cancel your appointment you will be subject to a $50.00 missed appointment fee.
IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY DIAL 911.
If you are having a medical concern that cannot wait until regular business hours, please the office at 649-6687 to obtain information on how to contact Dr. Robinson.
You may also receive after hours clinical advise from your provider via the patient portal. Simply call the office and one of our staff members will give you information on how to activate your portal.
Please call us before going to a specialist: Did you know a copay for a specialist is more than a copay for your primary care doctor? We may be able to treat you at the primary care level instead of referring to a specialist.
The office is closed in observance of the following holidays
- New Year's Eve closed at 12pm
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Weekend (thanksgiving day thru sunday)
- Christmas Eve closed at 12pm
- Christmas Day
Back to Top
Our office currently accepts the following insurances:
- Independent Health
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- United Healthcare
- Health Republic
- Cigna (administered by MVP only)
Our practice provides equal access to all of our patients regardless of source of payment. We have provided information below for patients seeking insurance coverage information. Please call our office and ask one of our friendly office staff members for guidance on a plan that may work for you. Your care is important to us and we will work with you on available options.
Health Insurance Plans for the Uninsured
NYS Medicaid: NYS Dept of Social Services (ask about Medisource and Child/Family Health Plus)
95 Franklin Street
Buffalo, NY 14202
Independent Health: Medisource (Medicaid Program) (716) 631-1355
Healthy NY (a reduced-cost health ins. prgram
for working uninsured) (716) 631-3001
BC/BS of WNY: Child/Family Health Plus (a low-cost plan from
NYS) (866) 231-0847
Student Insurance: Check with your college for student health
The official Health Plan https://info.nystateofhealth.ny.gov
Connecting Kids to http://www.insurekidsnow.gov
If your insurance requires a referral, YOU MUST call the office first.
Cash patients, here's what it costs:
|New Patient Fee
|EKG (heart test)
|Spirometry (lung test)
|Strep throat culture
|Sugar (glucose) test
|Repair of laceration
|Treatment of warts
We accept cash, check, and major credit cards (Discover, Visa, Mastercard). Our office will work with you regarding payment.
Back to Top
Dr. Jeffrey Parker, DO is our Hospitalist Physician
Back to Top